CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall

For one of my AGC daily challenges we have to write about our favorite fall activities. Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. The air cools down enough to wear cozy sweaters and jeans, but not quite cold enough for a winter coat. Football season starts and fans come out of the walls to cheer for OSU even here in Texas. There are bonfires and smores almost every weekend at someones house. Festivals of all sorts are around! In Ohio we had the Oktoberfest. Here there are festivals just about every weekend for each of the small cities surrounding Dallas. There's trick-or-treating with all the cute kids dressed in their costumes. But my absolute favorite part of fall only happens for a few days but once a year. The changing of the leaves. Unfortunately that doesn't really happen in here in Texas, and it is one of the things I miss most about Ohio. Galion has so many trees, it is just beautiful during the fall. I remember each year as a kid looking out my bedroom window everyday at the trees, waiting for them to start changing. I knew as soon as I saw the hint of yellows and oranges, I just had a week till the leaves would be gone. I love the pretty colors that seem to be everywhere in the fall, with the leaves on the ground and in the trees. I always loved how our street looks in the fall. My mom took this picture of out street last year I think. Always makes me a little homesick looking at it. :)

0 comments: