CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Inks!

So recently I purchased some new Tim Holtz distress inks, and I was really excited to try them out. Among the colors I got were Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, and Shabby Shutters. I used an awesome sketch I found here http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com.

I decided each square I used I was going to try a different inking tecnique of some sort. The first one I simple put ink on my craft sheet, and then sprayed it with water. Then I placed my square on the ink and got a neat water color effect. On two of the squares I did some embossing over the inks, as I had also just bought my first heat gun and embossing powder. The light green square I inked with the Shabby Shutters, then I used a Hero Arts stamp with embossing ink to hold water on it. I then stamped the square. My favorite of the squares is the one I used stickles with. I placed ink on my craft sheet and also some stickles. I used my heat gun to dry it and it slightly melted. And the very last one I did some masking.

This layout I made for two challenges on scrapbook.com. The Anything Goes Challenge weekly which was mega challenging for me this week, and then the Use Your Supplies challenge week #4, Something Blue. I used only blue and white to meet the twist requirements for the Use Your Supplies. For the AGC I had to have certain things on my LO, atleast 10 out of 14. I did the bare minimum of 10. I spent all night on this layout! I really love how it turned out though. I love the banner, and I usually don't ever make banners!

0 comments: