CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lovin' Distressin'


I made this LO for one of my Anything Goes Challenge daily challenges. The challenge was to use the colors black, purple, orange, and green, use a picture with a small child, distress, two different fonts, and to hand cut an embellishment. That just screamed Halloween to me!

So I looked through all kinds of Halloween pics I have hoping to find some cute ones of my nephew or nieces. Well turns out I don't have any Halloween pictures of them! So I settled on this adorable photo of myself and my brother. He was the cat, and I was the mouse. It was my first Halloween! Aren't we a pair of cuties!

I settled on the papers right away. The are My Mind's Eye and I had recently purchased them from Hobby Lobby. I don't usually use too much purple which is suprising for me, since it is my favorite color! So I really didn't know where to go from there, I just kinda stared at the papers for an evening. Then last night I decided I would try burning the edges of some of the green. I really like how that turned out! Although Chuck thought I was burning the house down! I inked the entire border after I stitched the papers together, and then I glimmer misted all over, doing some masking as well. Now, up until last night I wasn't real impressed by Glimmer Mists. Everyone's always talking about how wonderful they are, and how the love them. Well I just had this one color, Lavender Fields. I had won it back on National Scrapbooking Day from scrapbook.com. Everytime I used it I didn't really see the shimmer I thought I would, and I just didn't care for it. So this time, I took a little more time with it. I made sure I shook it up real well and just took my time and went with it. I liked how it looked so much I just ordered some nuetral colors to play with!

I hand cut all the flowers and then inked them. I had mixed some stickles in the ink on my craft sheet first, to give them some sparkle. I really love how they look. Its hard to see in the picture, but in real life they really have a pretty shimmer to them. I love how this LO turned out! It's totally not my normal style and outta my scrappy box, but I love it so much! I'm super proud!

0 comments: